Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pet's Story

As I was pulling out of my driveway headed for work on a cold and misty morning, I noticed that someone had run over a cat right in front of my house. Being the inquisitive type, I stopped the car and got out to "check" if it was really dead. As I approached the cat, I was all of a sudden gripped with sadness, for I realized that it was my cat! I immediately scooped her up into my arms and started crying and apologizing to her for her terrible ending to life. I hugged her and gently kissed her and carried her into the house. I was thinking to myself "How am I going to tell my husband the awful news?"
Just as I got a few feet into the house, I was greeted by MY CAT! Yes, the one I thought was just made into a road pizza! Here I was just hugging and kissing this strange cat that I had no idea where it came from or where it had been. YUCK!
This dead cat looked exactly, I mean EXACTLY, like my cat. Grey stripped tabby, overweight and all. I am sure you all have seen one that also looked similar.
So, the moral to this story is, before you freak out about your cat being squished in the road, check the house and make sure that it is YOUR cat and not a cat that you have no idea where it came from.

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that his faithful dog had been dead for many years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. As he reached the wall, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch, and the street that led to the gate made from pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water? We have traveled far," the man said.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open. "Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment, remembering all the years this dog remained loyal to him and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going. After another long walk he came to a plain dirt road, which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water? We have traveled far."

"Yes, sure, there's a faucet over there." The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in and help yourself."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to his dog.

"There should be a bowl by the faucet; he is welcome to share."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned faucet with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. We're just happy that they screen out the folks who'd leave their best friends behind in exchange for material things."

Audrey took a cleaned out milk jug, cut a hole in it and stuffed it with plastic grocery bags. She asked me to find a way to tie it to a tree or stake close to the walk in front of our house and told me she hoped dog owners would use the bags to pick up poop their dogs had graciously deposited on our lawn while on walks (I hope it's a dog leaving those steamers!). She said there was about 10 piles of poop on our front lawn, so I hope people will start using them. I'm also going to buy a couple signs like the one to the right to see if that helps.

It just brings me down to know that people are so disregarding, because if you're a dog owner that walks your dog, you KNOW you should clean up your dog's mess after a squatting episode! You just can't not know that by now, and it's terrible to have to see poop on trails, parks and people's lawns.

If you're a dog owner, PLEASE don't be lazy and pick up after your dog after he/she poops. Thanks!

I had a black cat named Ada (I loved that cat!). At the time I had a living room chair I'd watch TV in with a back that came up to the height of my head. She loved to lay up behind me on the chair back and groom herself.

One evening Ada was laying behind me while I was wathing TV (probably a hockey game) and she started to lick my bald spot! At first I was kind of grossed out, but then I figured it was plenty clean. Heck, she was always very clean, so why not my head?

It turned into a frequent activity of her's of which I was a willing participant. Having the sandpaper-like tongue of a cat on your scalp is very relaxing, besides that, it was a free clean. I highly recommend you give it a try! ;-)


"Once upon a time a lady found the fawn under her step (they think the doe might have been hit by a car) .. her Ridge Back dog is helping look after it. The family named the fawn Bella. Once she has regained her strength (she was not in good shape when the family found her) they are going to send her to some friends who (in the past) raised two orphan deer and released them to the wild. Right now she is being bottle fed. Their dog (Hogan) has basically taken over. The fawn even shares his bed."

No comments: